Become a Local Coordinator with Student Ambassador Exchange!
Student Ambassador Exchange is seeking Local Coordinators across the United States to recruit host families for international exchange students. This is a paid contract volunteer position that is eligible for renewal each year, and we offer up to 40% higher pay than other exchange agencies for this position. It’s an amazing opportunity to get connected with families and high schools in your area as well as work with exchange students throughout their year in the United States!
- Recruit volunteer families to host international exchange students for a year or a semester
- You'll receive bonuses for recruiting your own host families!
- Conduct host family home visits and interviews to determine eligibility to host.
- Work with area schools to coordinate exchange student enrollment
- Conduct a host family orientation prior to student arrival
- Conduct a student orientation after arrival in the US
- Check in with students and host families at least once per month via phone, or in person
- Serve as liaison between the students, families, and SAE main office
- Resolve any conflict between host families and students
- Report any misconduct to SAE main office
- Abide by all regulations set by SAE, CSIET, and the U.S. Department of State
- Outgoing and well-connected in your area
- Background in marketing, education, social work, or international relations
- Interested in learning about other cultures
- Enjoy meeting new people
- Adept with social media
- Able to provide your own transportation
|Payment Per Student*||Total Payment Per Student Per Academic Year|
|Recruiting LCs – Academic Year Program||up to $1,400|
|Recruiting LCs – Academic Semester Program||up to $800|
|Monitoring LCs – Academic Year Program||$700|
|Monitoring LCs – Academic Semester Program||$450|
*A detailed description of job duties will be provided in your Local Coordinator contract should you choose to work with us! Payment is dependent on completion of required tasks and time of recruitment. We’ll provide you the training and support you need to earn your maximum potential each year.In addition to this, you'll have opportunities to earn extra payments by recruiting Host Families year around and for referring Local Coordinators in other regions. So if you know someone who would be a great LC one state over, you can earn extra simply by sending them our way!