Inspire cultural diversity and tolerance within your community. In this role, you’ll help make it possible for international students from 15 countries to come to the U.S. and live with local host families. This life-changing experience for students and families enriches our communities by encouraging diversity and dialogue in a uniquely personal way.
Our goal is to find loving families to open their hearts and their homes to Student Ambassador Exchange Students. There is no typical SAE Host Family; they reflect the vast diversity of the U.S. with regards to culture, class, race, ethnicity, religion, and sexual orientation. With your help, we can encourage families in your area to share their daily lives with teenagers from every corner of the globe, thereby increasing cultural understanding and acceptance.
By volunteering with SAE, you can help bring the world into your community. Join us as we work to create bridges across cultures and spread the message of peace through understanding.
- What You'll Do:
- You're a Good Fit if You Enjoy...
- What's Required?
- How to Apply?
- Download Your Brochure
- Represent SAE in your community by speaking at schools and local events
- Reach out to local families and encourage them to host an exchange student
- Attend SAE events to meet current volunteers, host families and students
- Introduce new ideas for outreach and awareness-building
- Share your hosting experience through webinars and in-person events
- Share your stories, photos and videos on social media
- Networking and meeting new people
- Learning about different cultures
- Supporting international education
- Communications and promotion
- Creative-thinking and problem-solving
- An interest in learning new cultures and a desire to share that interest with others.
- A few spare hours to share our programs with others.
- A Volunteer Application form.
- 1. Submit a Submit a Volunteer Application form.
- 2. Pass a background screening. (Completed by SAE staff members after you submit your Volunteer Application)
- 3. Attend an online training webinar.
- 4. A Volunteer Program Coordinator will be in touch soon with more information and materials to get you started!